Martha's Amazon Store

Friday, December 5, 2014

Make Your Own Handknit Project



Seen all the pretty knit sweaters around.  Try your hand at knitting or crochet.  I've been knitting since I was ten.  Some professionals tell me I have a "Non-Standard Knitting Style," but I figure it gets the job done. 

I have very sensitive skin, so it's only merino yarn for me.  For years, I had to wear high turtlenecks in the wintertime, because the knit scarfs made me itch.   But at Stitches Midwest, I heard the pros raving about Malabrigo.  So, I picked up a few skeins for a scarf.  And no itching!  You won't want to wash this in the washer, because it will felt.  For machine washable yarn, be sure to look for the word "superwash," which has been specially treated to hold up in the washer (but I'd still set it on delicate).


No comments:

Post a Comment