Martha's Amazon Store

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Keep Hydrated

During the hot summer months, it's important to stay hydrated. In fact, I learned first hand what happens with dehydrated, when I ended up in the hospital. These days, when I start to feel sluggish, I reach for a bottle of water. Keep in mind, if you notice you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated.

I used to hate purchasing bottled water at the supermarket, due to the cost and environmental concerns. A few years back, I purchased a half-dozen stainless steel water bottles. We no longer have to worry about running out of bottled water, since we keep our fridge stocked. The 12 ounce bottles fit well on the shelf of our fridge. Also, it's wonderful to reuse them, it's simple to wash in our dishwasher.



If you're doing exercise outside in the heat, be sure drink a lot before, during and after your activity. Also, it's a good idea to add some Gatorade or other sports drink to keep your electrolyte count up.

No comments:

Post a Comment